Oh I am a traditionalist! I love my Christmas traditions and my children are now at a fun age to truly appreciate them ( SportTman is 12 and The Inventor is 10). MomRn2 is hosting a Christmas Traditions listing of everyone’s favorites. I definitely wanted in on this one. So with out further adieu I humbly present our favorite Christmas traditions.
- Every December we find time to watch the sappy, yet ever endearing movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” We snuggle up with lots of popcorn and watch this charmer of a movie every year. It just doesn’t seem like the holiday season with out it.
- I place a small gift box under the tree every year with a large nail in it, and write on the box, “The Greatest Gift.” It’s nothing fancy, just very symbolic
- When the kids were younger we would have them get in their jammies, slippers and grab a favorite blanket and go look at Christmas lights. I would bring hot chocolate and a few homemade treats along. They no longer get in their jammies to go look at lights, but we do still enjoy looking at decorated homes while enjoying the treats.
- We draw “special angels” the first Sunday of Dec. The family member whose name is you draw is now your special angel for the month. You do kind things for the person ( feed the dog for them on their day, leave special candy treats for them to find, do a chore for them), but you must remain anonymous. We reveal special angels on Christmas Eve.
- When the kids made a decision to accept Christ into their lives, we bought each of them a special Christmas ornament. We wrote the date of their decision on the ornament. Now every year they place their special ornament on the tree first, and discuss it meaning with us, and what Christ means to them personally. It has served as a great reminder of that personal commitment.
Ok that is all for now, …………I have more to post, but will have to wait until tomorrow night.
Merry Early Christmas to all!!