I love the attitude of being Thankful. That attitude can transform your life. My husband has ALWAYS demonstrated this is such a practical ongoing manner. I certainly have learned a lot from him in this area. I have been wanting to participate in both of these memes for awhile, but never seem to get to it when Thursdays roll around. This week I am determined…..since there is much to be thankful for!
- I am thankful for our dog Nina. I never thought I would say that. Let’s say I was far from a dog lover when we got her 5 years ago. But now our 8 year old chocolate lab is part of the family!
- I am thankful for our van, we got it last summer. Wow what a blessing it has been. My kids are 11 and 13 and this is our first van.
- I am thankful for the beauty in the changing seasons! Not to bust on Florida…..but I could never live there, I need my seasons. I love the snow in the winter, the color of the fall leaves in the crisp air, the spring flowers, and even the heat of summer!
- I am thankful for being 44…….yes I am old I know. But there is joy in watching your children grow up. There is peace in working through the ups and downs of almost 20 years of a Godly marriage. There is wisdom in seeing God’s amazing faithfulness through the years. So I am thankful for being a women in her 40’s……just wish my back didn’t ache so much!! 🙂
- I am thankful for God’s amazing grace in my life over the years. I truly once was lost but now am found….and that is something to rejoice over!
- I am thankful for the yummy farm produce that is so abundant in our area. Corn on the cob, watermelon and peaches were constant favorites this summer.
- I am thankful for frozen pizza on Friday nights at our house. It’s one of those little things in life that makes a big difference.
- And I must mention on this date 9/11. I am thankful for those who faithfully serve our country and give of themselves. Thank you to each one of you!!
- Oh and I of course I am thankful for Jesus and dark chocolate. 🙂